- Long-life, proprietary infrared (NDIR) sensor
- Detects CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs and new HFO refrigerants
- No cross interference to other gases, humidity or temperature
- Modbus RTU interface, analog output, BAS/BMS system connectivity
- Set all parameters and outputs without opening the unit
Bacharach’s MGS-250 Infrared Refrigerant Gas Detector is the leader in performance and flexibility. It can be configured as either a broadband sensor used for gross leak detection, or as a gas-specific version that’s pre-calibrated and characterized for precision response to individual refrigerants. The MGS-250 is the economical solution for detecting refrigerants without the limitations posed by solid-state sensor technologies.
Advanced infrared sensing technology makes the MGS-250 immune to cross sensitivities from combustible and toxic gases, as well as changes in temperature and humidity. The infrared sensor provides low-level leak detection and delivers up to 5 to 7 years of virtually maintenance-free operation. The MGS-250 has an alpha-numeric LED display, status indicator, on-board relay, and alarm to alert personnel when levels have exceeded the preset limit.